HC：「James March 寫過兩本以上談大學教育之問題」-----因為想要找確實的書，才發現Wikipedia之介紹(著作列得太少 連與Simon合著的 Organizations都沒)：
比較有趣的是提到 "Carnegie School" 這必須談論一下 這用在"心理學"更多
Simon 評論過所有管理學各派 最後當然否定所謂"school" 如果是"科學" 就沒有所謂school--它只用來說魚類...我提醒過Simon 別人是看他們為Carnegie School的
同時 我認為他對哈佛大學的大心理學家不公--因為根據他的回憶錄 他要是要搞 "行為學派" 他的許多"安插各大學之相關人事"的做法 就不一樣了...
一句話 沒有Carnegie School
Simon多年合作老友晚年最後一本著作是自己幹 交 哈佛大學出版社出版--Simon 多由MIT出版
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
March is highly respected for his broad theoretical perspective which combined theories from psychology and other behavioural sciences. As a core member of the Carnegie School, he collaborated with the cognitive psychologist Herbert Simon on several works on organization theory. March is also known for his seminal work on the behavioural perspective on the theory of the firm along with Richard Cyert (1963). In 1972, March worked together with Olsen and Cohen on the systemic-anarchic perspective of organizational decision making known as the Garbage Can Model.
James G March is the father of four children and the grandfather of nine. Since 1953, he has served on the faculties of the Carnegie Institute of Technology, the University of California, Irvine, and (since 1970) Stanford University. He has been elected to the National Academy of Science, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the National Academy of Education, and has been a member of the National Science Board.
- (1972) Michael D. Cohen, James G. March, Johan P. Olsen A Garbage Can Model of Organizational Choice Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 17, No. 1. (Mar., 1972), pp. 1-25.[JSTOR] [particularly pp.1-3 & 9-13]
March wrote several books:
- An introduction to the theory and measurement of influence (1955)
- An introduction to models in the social sciences (1975) ISBN 0-8191-8381-4
- Autonomy As a Factor in Group Organization (1980) ISBN 0-405-12980-7
- Ambiguity and Choice in Organizations (1980) ISBN 82-00-01960-8
- Decisions and Organizations (1988) ISBN 0-631-16856-7
- Rediscovering Institutions (1989) ISBN 0-02-920115-2
- A Primer on Decision Making (1994) ISBN 0-02-920035-0
- Democratic Governance (1995) ISBN 0-02-874054-8
- The Pursuit of Organizational Intelligence (1998) ISBN 0-631-21102-0
- On Leadership (2005) ISBN 1-4051-3247-7